The locals call it "barefoot perfect". Sixteen miles of white sand beach stretching from the northern end of the Placencia Peninsula where it touches the mainland, to the other end, simply known as the "Point". This is where the colorful village of Placencia rests, at the edge of the Caribbean Sea.
Blue Garden House sits on the water in Placencia Village, where sunsets light up the evening sky and you can paddle a kayak from the house into mangrove waterways, home to manatees and other tropical wildlife. At the same time, you are within easy walking distance to village attractions - restaurants, shops, cafes, and beach bars. Placencia's long stretch of white sand, where you can lounge under a coconut tree and go for a swim in warm Caribbean waters, is only five minutes walk away.
Designed by eco-architect Hitesh Mehta, whose award winning projects include some of the top ecolodges in the world, Blue Garden House is the tropical home of Costas and Sally Christ. Costas is a travel columnist with National Geographic and Sally runs Tamu Tours, an ecotravel company. Blue Garden House captures the essence of a laid-back Caribbean lifestyle, with a large and breezy living room and kitchen, three bedrooms, and two verandas overlooking the water. If you have ever dreamed of spending time in a traditional Caribbean cottage with modern conveniences, Blue Garden House is for you. Perfect for families, friends, and couples.
- sleeps 4-6 people in two bedrooms upstairs, one bedroom downstairs (two queen-sized beds and two twin beds)
- two bathrooms and two showers (one upstairs and one open-air outdoor shower)
- fully furnished kitchen and equipped living room/dining area, 4 ceiling fans, hot and cold water, full-sized fridge, stove/oven, washing machine, large counter space with three bar stools, four person dining table
- two verandas over the water (front and back)
- private dock and two-person kayak
- nice yard with coconuts and fruit trees
- complimentary Wi-Fi, cable TV, and DVD library
- blankets, sheets, and towels provided
- books and board games